Are you ready for adventure in 2021? Come and join us on this essential Abseil Skill 1 to prepare you to join the fun on club canyoning, abseiling, and caving trips!!
James, Tyler, and I will be running this skill trip to give freshly joined members initial experiences in abseiling.
What we will cover
– Maintain personal safety near cliffs
– Understand basic abseiling equipment
– Attach rap rack/tubular descender to rope
– Perform safety checks
– Belay an abseiler
– Perform a basic abseil on single/double rope, static/dynamic rope, with rap rak/tubular descender
– Manage an overhang
– Manage a fall or inversion
– Engage in abseiler/belayer communications
– Experience the fun of abseiling
Who is this trip for
– Outdoor newbies who’ve never done abseiling before
When & Where
– Morning 8am-12pm
– 27th February
Don’t worry if you don’t have any 😁. The club can provide these items.
– Personal anchor system + carabiner
– Rappel device + carabiner
See you there,
James, Tyler & Johann
This activity is fully booked.