Date(s) - Saturday 15 June, 2019
Abseiling is awesome fun, and an essential skill required for many club trips such as canyoning, advanced abseiling, and climbing. Join James & Cedric on this skills trip that will give you the techniques and knowledge to undertake a safe and successful abseil.
What we will cover
– Maintain personal safety at the top and bottom of cliffs
– Prepare for an abseil activity
– Conduct pre-abseil safety checks
– Get on and off the rope
– Communicate between cliff top and bottom
– Perform a variety of abseils
– Negotiate common abseil hazards
– Perform a fireman belays
Who is this trip for
– This trip is for beginners, no prior experience is necessary
Where & When
– Saturday 15th June, Late start ~9:30am, Clovelly
All rope and safety equipment will be provided by the club.
I will notify successful applicants by 4pm Thursday 13th at which time I will send out more details of the location and what to bring.
Participants are closed for this activity.