Postponed: originally slated on 9/01/22, but due to horrible weather forecast, rescheduled for 23/01/22.
Spend a hot summers day liloing down the Wollangambe, scrambling over rocks, swimming past yabbies and jumping off 10m high cliffs (optional)!
Wollangambe 1 is a great day out, and an easy introduction to canyoning for a beginner. We will start off from Mt Wilson fire station, and walk down to the Wollangambe, where we will blow up our lilos and put on our wetsuits. We will lilo, swim and scramble down the river, with snack breaks, pauses to try some jumps, and an optional wander up a stunning side canyon (known as Water Dragon or Kelvinator Canyon).
To go on this trip you must have a reasonable level of fitness, as the trip involves a reasonable walk both in and out of the canyon and much rock scrambling. You must be able to swim at least 50m unaided. Preference will be given to novices and newbies to canyoning.
When requesting to join the trip please state:
– Experience with hiking/canyoning
– What gear you need
– Are driving and can provide a lift
– Vaccination Document Number
Gear you will need (the club can provide equipment if necessary)
1. Headtorch (Club can provide)
2. Emergency blanket (you will need to provide this)
3. Compression bandage (you will need to provide this)
4. Helmet (Club can provide)
5. Wetsuit (specify size – XS,S,M,L,XL – club can provide)
6. Dry Bag (Club can provide)
7. Canyon pack (Club can provide)
8. Lunch and snacks
9. At least 1L of water
10. Warm clothes – Please bring a raincoat/wind jacket, beanie and warm jumper
(thermal, fleece etc) as it can get cold in the canyon once you stop moving
11. Dry clothes/shoes to leave in car
12. Lilo – the club has some that can be borrowed, but we are unsure of how reliable
these are, so it would be best if you bought one (they can be had from Kmart quite
I look forward to seeing you all there!
Participants are closed for this activity.