Date(s) - Friday 23 August, 2019 - Sunday 25 August, 2019
Join James and Nicolo as we head out to the backcountry for some cross country skiing and on-snow camping. The Snowy Mountains are stunningly beautiful; being out in the tranquility of the back country will take your breath away.
This trip will be run in conjunction with the Snow Shoe Hiking trip. We will all be camping together and sharing hot chocolate around the fire.
You will need a good level of fitness for this trip. We are open to a mixed group however experience with being on-snow, skiing, navigation and overnight trekking will be advantageous. Please detail your experience in the ‘Gear I Need’ section when signing up.
Brief Trip Plan
– Thur 22nd – After work, drive to Snowies, camp in Kosciuszko with group
– Fri 23rd – Cross country day trip, camp in Kosciuszko with Group
– Sat 24th – Deeper back country skiing, camp overnight in the backcountry
– Sun 25th – Return to base camp, drive back to Sydney
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE SIGNING UP 🙂
More detailed info will be supplied for those who join the trip however there are some considerations you should be aware of before you join.
There are some costs that will need to be covered, approximately they will be:
$20 General Shared
$20 Park Access
$100 Ski Equipment Rental (If you are renting)
$50 Ski Clothing Rental (If you are renting)
There is some important personal gear you will need:
• Waterproof and insulated Snow jacket, pants and gloves
• Thermals tops and bottoms
• Waterproof boots and thick woollen socks
• Fleece or woollen mid layers, neck scarf and beanie
• Backpack with rain cover
• Water bottle / bladder
• Sunglasses or snow goggles
• Food and water for the 3 days
• -10 Degree sleeping bag
• Ground mat
• Cooking equipment
The club has some sleeping bags, ground mats, tents, backpacks and cooking equipment however probably not enough for the two trips that will be running over the weekend. If you need any of these please make sure you list them in the ‘Gear I Need’ section when signing up.
See you there!
This activity is fully booked.