Angelo and I will be heading up to Lower Bowen Creek on Sunday the 15th of December to do the canyon there. It promises to deliver on all sorts, some scrambling, some jumping, some swimming, a couple of abseils and of course, a WHOLE LOT OF FUN!! The trip will take a whole day, we expect to set off from UTS at 6am to reach our park up near Mount Wilson around 8:30am. I’m not expecting us to be back much before 8pm-ish.
We will end up back at the storage locker for a final equipment check and return.
Pre-requisite: Intermediate Canyoning (if you’ve done canyoning with abseils before).
– MUST BE AVAILABLE for gear pick up at 4:30pm on Saturday the 14th of December (This is mandatory and is the official start of the trip).
— Responsive with emails!
– Able to meet at UTS Building 10 (corner of Jones and Thomas Street, Ultimo) at 6am sharp on Sunday the 15th, December or on Wynnes Lookout Road in Mount Wilson at 8:15am.
– Competent in abseiling/rappelling with ATC guide or rappel rack
– Able to swim at least 50 meters unassisted
– Good fitness
– Comfortable with scrambling around boulders, logs and other obstacles
– Comfortable with jumping into a pool of water from a height
– Return gear to storage at the end of the trip.
Please tell me where you’ve abseiled, canyoned or done any outdoor rock climbing before in the comments section when you sign up.
More information on the canyon can be found in the following links:
Priority will be given to those who can drive. For passengers, this will be $20 round trip for the driver so please have the appropriate notes handy. Let us know if you will need a ride.
The outcome of your registration will be sent to you by email on Thursday the 12th of December. Information regarding gear, travel arrangements and so on will be sent to successful applicants.
[NOTE: Fire Alerts active in all NSW Parks] DEPENDANT ON PARK RESTRICTIONS AND WEATHER. If it is not favourable we will inform and either go to plan B or cancel.
Dushy and Angelo