Date(s) - Saturday 20 July, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This will be my first Trad skills trip offered as some members as expressed interest in learning Trad Climbing.
If you are asking what is Trad? Then this trip isn’t for you. This trip is intended at climbers that have already lead climb outdoors and want a taste of Trad.
I will be demonstrating methods and techniques on natural placements/protection as well as trad anchors.
The day would involve some climbing but this will be on very easy grade. The primary objective is to learn and assess natural protection and placements.
Please clearly state your experience, and if you have any gear. Also there is compulsory reading (yes home work!) if you are accepted
Spaces will be limited to focus on instructional quality.
• Saturday 20th of July 9-9:30 At Mt Piddo Carpark
• 3-14 degrees and sunny
What to Bring:
• Food and water for the day
• All your personal climbing gear applicable to climbing (the club only has 2 Trad racks)
• Brain or print out (notes) for knowledge retention
• Leave Syd At 7am
• Arrive 9am
• Depart Blue Mountains ~4pm
This activity is fully booked.