We are planning on doing a canyon at the Bungonia national park, the final plan is still being worked out, but we’ll be doing one solid day trip.
This an intermediate canyoning trip. Biggest abseils are up to 60 metres in length, there’ll be waterfall abseils, a long walk out that will involve a long stretch of boulder scrambling and steep hill walk out.
To be considered for the trip, you will need the following pre-requisites:
1. Previous canyoning experience, multi-pitch abseil experience,
2. Have good fitness and endurance levels to compete the estimated 8-11 hour trip.
3. Be a confident and independent abseiler using a rappel rack.
4. Be able to swim 200 metres continuously in deep cold water,
5. Be confident to abseil in waterfalls and abseil into deep pools of water,
6. All the while carrying a heavy backpack on your back.
Because of the large number of abseils, many of which are technically challenging, along with the additional risks due to loose rock and exposed cliff edges, we will be keeping numbers quite small. We will also need to move reasonably fast. We will be descending many of the drops on single ropes, using a fiddlestick retrievable anchor, so you need to be comfortable with more advanced ropework techniques.
Trip is subject to weather conditions/ Park closures.
Participants are closed for this activity.