We are the cheapest and biggest Outdoor University club in Sydney!
The Club runs trips almost every weekend of the year that varies in activities like; bushwalking, canyoning, kayaking, rock climbing, ice climbing, cross-country skiing, snorkelling, mountain biking, caving, abseiling, bouldering and many more. These trips also vary in difficulty from Beginner to Extreme so there’s something for every level of fitness and experience.
The Club offers an insanely cheap way to get out and see Australia! Why pay tourist companies to get you out and enjoy this country when you can pay our cheap membership fee and enjoy so much more!
Anyone can join our club; you don’t have to go to UTS or even be a student. On Club trips, there are no event fees, gear fees, or guiding fees! All you’ll pay is your share of transport, food, and camping costs.
What a UTSOAC Membership Gets You
- Free attendance to all club trips
- Free attendance and dinner at Megafest, our club’s massic annual camping and outdoors weekend away
- Free rock climbing and abseiling instructional course by trained instructors
- Free access to all Club’s gear – tents, backpacks, stoves etc. on any club trip
- Cheap climbing on Monday night at The Ledge Climbing Centre: ($8 entry, harness hire $2, shoe hire $5) – The Club’s climbing night, includes going to get a beer after!
We have a range of exclusive discounts available for our members at a number of outdoor shops and climbing gyms, more information available under the benefits tab
Join us on Facebook and to be up to date with all that’s happening in the club!: