Butterbox Canyon – let me hear you say (Mount) Hay!!

Hello adventurers!

Sorry for the last minute post but I only just checked the weekend weather and……ITS BUTTERBOX TIME!!!!

Butterbox or Mount Hay Canyon is one of my faves with some great abseils, fanstastic scenery and a truly energetic exit!!
Be quick though, the canyon is this Sunday the 27th and I will close off as soon as I have the participants I need! Phuong will second me on this trip.

You can expect a beatiful stretch of river valley, constrictions, swims, jumps, scrambles and epic ridge walks. This is an intermediate trip, you must have done a few canyons by now, be comfortable with heights, jumps into water, abseiling and extended swims with packs and wetsuits.
The walk in and out is also quite long and can test even the fittest of us!

The reward is worth it! If you fit the pre-requisites, get on board!

Pre-requisites:
– NOTE!!! Be available to attend the storage facility for briefing, gear selection and fitting on Saturday the 26th November at 5pm!! (this is mandatory but time can be negotiable)
– Must be available to leave Sydney by 6am sharp on Sunday the 27th, November.
– Abide by all COVID Restrictions. If you are in doubt as to your health or exposure, please check in with us.
– Competent in abseiling/rappelling – please let me know your experience (blank applications will be considered last).
– Able to swim unassisted (to some extent you will have a floatation device but of you don’t swim at all, this isn’t for you).
– Good fitness, there are extended uphill sections
– Comfortable with scrambling around boulders, logs and other obstacles
– Comfortable with jumping into a pool of water from a height
– There will be a $15 transport cost for passengers – we will be MINIMISING cars and our carbon footprint. Drivers may be given priority.

More information can be found in the following links:
https://ozultimate.com/canyoning/track_notes/mt_hay.htm

Information regarding gear, travel arrangements and so on will be sent to successful applicants as soon as possible. Final email out by Friday afternoon, the 25th November.

Please note that canyoneering is dependent on the weather. So far the forecast looks like a hot but cloudy day so not a problem.

Thanks!

Dushy and Phuong

Bookings

Participants are closed for this activity.