Date(s) - Sunday 14 July, 2019
Matt, James and myself are heading to Mt.Piddo on Sunday for some Trad climbing and we are looking for friends.
This trip is open to:
1. Climbers already leading on trad who are self sufficient.
2. Anyone keen for a deep dive into crack climbing, while on Top Rope.
Numbers from each group will depend on on how much trad gear is on hand and having a good balance of numbers between the two. The aim will be for group 1 to establish TR’s for group 2 to climb.
Trad gear will be prioritised for climbing, if there happens to be gear not being used, then peeps will be welcome to practice shoving stuff into cracks (on terra firma). There’s definitely talk of a trad skills trip very soon, this isn’t it, but not a bad place to start.
– As it’s not intended as a skills trip, no one who isn’t already leading on trad will be doing so.
– All top ropes will be on fixed gear or a significantly bomber natural anchor (e.g a BMF live tree).
Please state you experience and gear required. Please let us know:
– If you need helmet, harness, belay device, PAS and associated biners.
– What of your own gear you will be bringing.
– If you can drive.
This activity is fully booked.