Come join myself and Steph for a fun and easy canyon in the Grose Valley! There will be one or two short abseils, some gentle wading through the river, a small waterfall trickling into a pristine pool, and lovely valley views at the end.
Check out the details if you are keen:
There is optional camping the night before at Cathedral of the Ferns as Steph and I will already be in the mountains. It’s a lovely spot and makes for an easier start on Sunday! https://goo.gl/maps/8KuQmk17SidmqKXV8
This trip is for people who have:
– completed Abseil Skills 1,
– are double vaccinated
– have a reasonable level of fitness, comfortable with scrambling around boulders, logs and other obstacles,
– be able to tolerate chilly water, although on a hot summer’s day wetsuits are optional for this trip (fyi the water in the mountains is cold!).
What to bring:
– Full length wetsuit (Club can provide)
– Helmet (Club can provide)
– Harness (Club can provide)
– Canyon bag (Club can provide)
– Dry bag (Club can provide)
– Descender (Club can provide)
– Gloves (Club can provide)
– Lunch, snacks and 2L of water
– Shoes with good grip (vollys or sneakers, no hiking boots)
– Warm WOOLEN or NEOPRENE socks (VERY IMPORTANT)
– Extra thermals + raincoat for if you get cold
– Old shorts to wear over the wetsuit
– Change of clothes
– Camping gear (Club can provide) and dinner/breakfast if camping the night before
When requesting to join the trip please state:
– Experience with abseiling and canyons
– What gear you need (see above)
– Are driving and can provide a lift
– If you are interested in camping the night before
– Vaccination Document Number
See you there!
Jess and Steph
This activity is fully booked.