Date(s) - Saturday 18 May, 2019
6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Had to change one of the abseils due to events in Katoomba (mad people, running around the mountain, madly!).
Its STILL Multi-pitch May for abseilers! We’re shifting from Malaita Point to Boars Head and then Wall of Africa to continue your adventures on the end of a rope.
Boars Head is a great multi-pitch abseil with some epic exposure and abseiling. Mukessh and I will be leading the trip.
More details for Boars Head and photos here
Wall of Africa/Kilimajaro is a two pitch abseil with long drops and trickier positioning at Devils Hole around the corner from Boars Head. Together, these abseils will be a good graduation in your abseiling experience.
To be considered for this trip,
1. Have previous abseiling experience, you should have done a previous abseiling or canyoning trip or be experienced in outdoor climbing.
2. Be reasonably confident with heights
3. Be able to do the steep hike out – reasonable fitness required
4. Be able to come to club storage to pickup gear (Friday 17th evening – this is a must)
5. Early start at 6am on Saturday 18th morning. NOTE this is ELECTION DAY. If you are enrolled to vote, you will need to vote early before Saturday.
Preference will be given to those with cars (we will be desperate for transport). Selected participants will be confirmed on or before Thursday the 16th, May depending on demand.
The trip is subject to changes based upon weather conditions.
Participants are closed for this activity.