Time to scramble to get those canyons in before temperature and daylight make things decidedly more difficult.
So sorry for the short notice but you must act fast, We are going to Fortress canyon this Sunday!
You can expect a beatiful stretch of river valley, constrictions, swims, jumps, scrambles and epic ridge walks. Wait till you see the view from the dining room.
This is an intermediate trip, you must have done a few canyons by now, be comfortable with heights, jumps into water, abseiling and extended swims with packs and wetsuits.
The walk in and out is also quite long and can test even the fittest of us!
The reward is worth it! If you fit the pre-requisites, get on board!
– Be available to attend the storage facility for briefing, gear selection and fitting on Saturday the 10th April at 6:30pm!!
– Must be available to leave Sydney by 6am sharp on Sunday the 11th, April.
– Abide by all COVID Restrictions. If you are in doubt as to your health or exposure, please check in with us.
– Competent in abseiling/rappelling – please let me know your experience (blank applications will be considered last).
– Able to swim unassisted (to some extent you will have a floatation device but of you don’t swim at all, this isn’t for you).
– Good fitness, there are extended uphill sections
– Comfortable with scrambling around boulders, logs and other obstacles
– Comfortable with jumping into a pool of water from a height
– There will be a $20 transport cost for passengers – we will be MINIMISING cars and our carbon footprint.
More information can be found in the following links:
Information regarding gear, travel arrangements and so on will be sent to successful applicants as soon as possible. Final email out by Friday afternoon, the 9th April.
Please note that canyoneering is dependent on the weather. So far the forecast looks a bit cold and cloudy so not a problem.
Dushy (and Stephanie who will be seconding).
This activity is fully booked.