Date(s) - Sunday 15 September, 2019
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you’ve wanted to learn to abseil, now is your chance! We will be running a beginners abseil course in Clovelly. We will get you to the point where you’re ready to participate in abseiling trips and abseil dependant canyons!
We will take you through a comprehensive and fun day where you will learn….
– to maintain personal safety in a potentially hazardous environment
– to correctly identify all the equipment used in abseiling and related safety
– to prepare yourself and personal equipment to abseil
– to conduct pre-abseil safety checks
– Proper technique and best practice through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to effectively communicate through every stage of the abseiling activity
– to Perform a variety of abseils including common cliff features and hazards
– to Perform firemans belay
– Be ok with heights. Fear is ok. Being horrified to the point you can’t move is not.
– You need to be fit enough to run up several flights of stairs without being too breathless.
– Get yourself to Burrows Park, Clovelly by 8am on Sunday the 15th of September. https://goo.gl/maps/U8cuDn4t9PzmusXJ8
– Come back to our storage facility (Camperdown) after the course to return equipment and do a storage induction.
If you are carrying any injuries, using medications or have any medical conditions that may adversely affect prolonged physical activity and heightend stress/tension, please let me know the details in the comments section of your registration.
I will communicate more details including the exact location and how to get there to all successful participants by the 12th of September or sooner.
We’re looking forward to getting you started on the wonderful world of Abseiling!!!
Participants are closed for this activity.