Multi-pitch climbing opens up a new world of adventure, allowing you to climb beyond the limits of your rope length. This requires additional rope skills, problem solving and planning in order to be undertaken safely. Learn these skills and climb all the way to the top.
James and Cedric will be running a Multi-pitch Climbing Skills trip at Reservoir Dogs with a focus on the core skills needed for multi-pitch sport climbing. The area offers a series of two pitch multi-pitch climbs ranging from grade 15 to 22.
What we will cover
– Safety & risk management,
– Building multi-pitch sport anchors,
– Setting up and operating a top belay,
– The process of leading and seconding a multi-pitch route.
Who is this trip for
This trip is for those with existing outdoor lead climbing skills wanting to learn to multi-pitch.
– attend the Multi-pitch Theory Workshop Mon 6 Dec @ The Ledge
– must have completed Rocks Skills 1 & 2, Abseil Skills 1 & 2, and Lead Skills 1 & 2, or equivalent of these,
– must have climbed outdoors,
– must be comfortable with heights,
– must have your own climbing shoes and padded harness (not the tape style).
Where & When
Saturday 11 Dec
Reservoir Dogs, Blue Mountains
Note that this trip is part of Megafest and transport arrangements will reflect departure from Sydney and camping at Cathedral Reserve on Saturday evening.
NB To be considered for this trip you need to address the requirements and provide your climbing experience in the ‘Sign-up Information’ when joining the trip.
Participants are closed for this activity.