Date(s) - Saturday 17 August, 2019
7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Welcome beginners and new members!
Abseiling is a fun and essential skill to have. It is often required for many club trips such as canyoning, advanced abseiling, and climbing. Join Susan & Ronny on this skills trip that will give you the techniques and knowledge to undertake a safe and successful abseil.
What we will cover
– Maintain personal safety at the top and bottom of cliffs
– Prepare for an abseil activity
– Conduct pre-abseil safety checks
– Get on and off the rope
– Communicate between cliff top and bottom
– Perform a variety of abseils
– Negotiate common abseil hazards
– Perform a fireman belays
Who is this trip for
– This trip is for beginners, no prior experience is necessary
Where & When
– Saturday 17th August 2019
All rope and safety equipment will be provided by the club.
We will notify successful applicants by 10pm Sunday 11th August at which time I will send out more details of the location and what to bring.
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR EMAIL! Otherwise you may lose your spot.
This activity is fully booked.