Date(s) - Thursday 25 April, 2019 - Saturday 27 April, 2019
6:00 am - 6:00 pm
****Susan will now lead this as a private trip. This is no longer considered a club trip***
Ahhh, the great outdoors, the mountain air, the rolling hills! The wild (sort of) is calling! Will you answer?
Here’s your chance! 3 days of hiking and camping in the Blue Mountains from Katoomba to Jenolan along the Six Foot Track. The track is a well established former horse track, passing through well provisioned camp sites. This is a great intro to multi-day hiking for those who would like to gain some experience. You’ll be carrying all your equipment including, tents and sleeping bags, food and water, fun and enthusiasm. You’ll enjoy cooking under the stars on camp stoves and waking up to the singing of birds and the crunch of morning frost under your boots.
– must be fit and able to walk carrying a load. If you’ve ever backpacked somewhere in the world or done any trekking or tried to get out of an IKEA, you’ll probably be fine.
– Seriously though, please let us know your walking experience in the “Gear Requirements” section.
– Be able to attend the “Multi-day hiking preparation skills workshop” run by Susan So on Friday the 12th of April (most likely to be at Club storage). We need to be on the same page about minimum requirements.
– Reach Katoomba station by 8am on Thursday the 25th of April (transport to be discussed).
Equipment you must have in order to participate
– Strong and sturdy hiking footware.
– a lightweight waterproof, windproof jacket with hood.
– cold weather protection. Any of things like woolens, thermals, down/synthetic mid-layer, etc.
– sleeping bag liner (linen, silk or thermal)
All other equipment needs will be discussed with successful applicants at the “Multi-day hiking preparation skills workshop” on Friday evening.
We will aim to be back at atorage in the late afternoon or evening of Saturday the 27th of April to return any gear. There may be an alternative return date of the following Sunday or Monday depending on how much cleaning/drying the equipment needs before being returned.
Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday evening or earlier depending on demand.
Thanks all, Susan and I are looking forward to getting out there with you.
Participants are closed for this activity.