Newnes Canyons, Camping & Campfires.
Angelo and I will be heading up to Newnes State forest for some winter canyoning and camping around a cozy campfire.
We’ll be doing Tiger Snake canyon (relatively dry canyon) on Saturday and if we have sufficient capable AWD cars then we may do a dry walk in canyon with an amazing acoustic cave on Sunday morning.
We’ll be camping at a bush campsite in Newnes State Forest, there are no toilets facilities, only the dig your own style.
• Competent and confident abseiler,
• Able to complete long hike in and out with steep ascents,
• Comfortable with off-track hiking (bushfires have burnt the tracks out, navigation is required).
• Comfortable with bush toilet habits.
Personal gear required:
• Camping gear and cookware
• Food and water
• Petrol for carpooling
• Firewood for the campfire
Preference will be given to people with cars that don’t mind driving on dirt trails.
The club can supply camping (tent, sleeping bag, and mat, stove) and abseil safety gear.
See you on the trip!
Susan and Angelo
This activity is fully booked.