Have you got tired of indoor gym and been thinking about climbing outdoor? Come and join us on this trip. It is perfectly suited for you who have never climbed outdoor before!!
Fabio and Johann will be running this climbing trip to give members the basic skills to be able to climb outdoors, and to join other club climbing trips.
What we will cover
– Personal safety near cliffs,
– Pre-climb safety checks,
– Performing a belay,
– Basic rock climbs on top rope.
Who is this trip for
– Those who have no climbing experience, or
– Those who have done some climbing indoors.
When & Where
– Saturday 5th December, meeting at 10am at Bardwell Park station, returning in the evening. (this is a full day trip)
– Earlwood https://www.thecrag.com/en/climbing/australia/inner-west/area/12011923
The club will provide you with all climbing gear for the trip. If you have your own gear you are welcome to bring it. Whilst not a requirement for rock skills 1, bringing your own pair of climbing shoes will really make your day more enjoyable!
We will be meeting at Bardwell Park station (above the stairs) at 10am.
A car will be required to transport all the club gears needed on that day, and we will meet earlier at the club storage. So, if you have a car and don’t mind waking up earlier, we will choose you first.
The club has protocols in place to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Please note that if you have symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, such as cough, sore throat, runny nose or fever, you should not join the activity. If you present with symptoms you may be asked to leave the activity.
Participants are closed for this activity.