Ready for the next step with your rock-craft knowledge? By now you should have a handle on whether knots drive you knuts, or whether you’re the fearless and gearless sort that’d rather leave ropes and lockers at the shop. If you’re the former, this course will lay the foundations for more advanced activities, like sport climbing (lead), trad, and multi-pitching.
Nuwan and I (Salome) will run a skills trip with a specific focus on anchor evaluating, building, and cleaning.
We will cover
– Route assessment
– Basic anchor theory
– Anchor gear and selection
– Setting up an anchor
– Cleaning an anchor
– Safety & risk management
Who is this trip for
Those who have:
– completed Rock Skills 1 or equivalent,
– climbed outdoors,
– their own climbing shoes.,
– a desire to become more independent on climbing trips and maybe even help us out leading trips later on
Where & When
– Sunday May 2nd, late start (9-10ish TBC)
– Wahroonga Rocks/Bangor (need to evaluate sport anchors at Wahroonga in the meantime)
NB To be considered for the trip you need to supply the following information.
Cut & Paste into ‘Gear I Need Section’ when joining trip:
Gear I Need (Delete anything you do not need)
My Climbing Experience
(eg indoor/outdoor, how many times, trips)
(Any relevant injuries/allergies/asthma/medication)
See you then,
Sam and Nuwan
This activity is fully booked.