Keen to see some last minute snow, Suhail, Marta and myself plan to snow shoe and snow camp up along the Main Range.
– Intermediate level hiking experience
– Comfortable carrying 15kg+ backpack for the whole day – minimum 5-6hrs
– Some camping experience
Equipment needed or can be borrowed/hired
– 3-4 season tent
– Winter sleeping bag so comfort rated for at least -5 degrees
– Winter sleeping mat, at least R value of 3,2. If your mat does not have a value, its a summer one
– Clothes suitable for -5 degrees temperatures and wet conditions e.g. thermals, fleece, down jacket, ski jacket, ski pants rain jacket, rain pants
Please state your hiking experience in the comments and let us know if you have a car or can drive.
Participants are closed for this activity.