Date(s) - Friday 23 August, 2019 - Sunday 25 August, 2019
Me and Dushy are excited to lead our first ever – Snow Shoe hiking trip up in the Snowy Mountains!
It will be run over 3 days: 23rd Fri- 24th Sat-25th Sun August.
So time to fill in the annual leave request !
The trip will also coincide with the Ski trip at the same time.
We will be hiking on 2 separate walks on each day Saturday and Sunday.
Walks yet to be decided.
Sunday will be a shorter walk to factor in the return drive back to Sydney.
Hiking on snow will require a good level of fitness and of course being able to deal well with the cold during hiking and whilst camping.
Kindly note that we will not be staying in a lodge, but car camping outdoors with the Ski group.
Personal Gear for Snow Shoeing required:
• Waterproof and insulated Snow jacket, pants and gloves.
• Thermals tops and bottoms.
• Waterproof hiking boots and thick woollen socks.
• Fleece or woollen mid layers, neck scarf and beanie.
• Day backpack with rain cover.
• Food and water for the day.
• Sunglasses or snow goggles, sunscreen.
Camping gear suitable for winter alpine conditions required:
• Tent for winter conditions and -5 to -10 degree winter sleeping bag, mat, and liner.
• Sufficient and suitable winter clothes and shoes whilst camping.
• Alpine cooker gas stove and utensils.
• All camping food and water sufficient for 3 days and 2 nights.
• Camping toiletries and heating articles to provide warmth if you get cold, eg. hot
water-bottle, hand-foot warmers, Nalgene bottle to hold hot water.
The club has limited snow-shoes to lend out, so participant numbers are limited.
The club can lend out tents, -7 degree sleeping bags, liners and mats.
Preferences will be given to members who are known decent hikers and have a licence to drive a car.
We will be sharing petrol costs and driving shifts.
Weekend costs will involve at the least, restaurant meals driving up to the campsite and return to Sydney. Your own camping food costs and shared petrol costs.
You will also need to factor in camping fees and if time permits, entrance to the thermals pools on Sunday.
Please confirm on joining the trip that you have waterproof insulted jacket, pants and shoes. Without this essential gear you won’t be able the join the trip
Looking forward to an awesome winter club adventure!
Susan and Dushy
This activity is fully booked.