We’re going to celebrate the end of Feb with a couple of canyons and a campfire cookout. We’re going to Cathedral Reserve in Mount Wilson for the weekend of the 27th and 28th, Feb. The intention is to do sweet Serendipity canyon on Saturday and the amazingness of Whangee Wheengee on Sunday. Who’s up!!
To go on this trip you must be an experienced canyoner. We’re going to use the Saturday to polish up some efficiency skills on Serendipity. You’ll have to be self reliant with prussiks and quick anchor building.
After Serendipity we will adjourn to the campground where we’ll get cracking with some campoven cuisine and a bit of a chillax.
Up early and into Whangee Wheengee to put those skills into practice. It should be fun and challenging…and delicious!
To join this trip you must…
- Have passed Abseil Skills 2, you may be first or last or alone on an abseil.
- Have done a few canyons, the skills trip alone is not enough on this one.
- Be proficient at self belay with prussiks. Nothing fancy but you may not have a belayer.
- Be comfortable with heights and long swims in full gear, if you’ve done a few canyons you know you’ll be mostly floating.
- Be self managed with your comfort levels. It could get cold, especially in Whangee.
- Look! Assess! Leap!
- Look! Assess! Boldly find an alternative to leaping!!
- Be available for gear pick up in the evening of Friday the 26th, February.
There will be a cost for the dinner and possibly breakfast. I will work this one out when I know who’s coming and what we feel like eating.
As always we will try and take minimal vehicles, the club is conscious of our carbon footprint.
We hope to see you on this one!
This activity is fully booked.